Table of Contents
Cart abandonment is a serious problem in the e-commerce world. According to the Baymard Institute, more than 69% of people leave the cart without making a purchase. The reasons vary from casual browsing to hidden costs to trust issues.
Cart abandonment leads to enormous losses for online stores.
There are many proven ways to combat this issue. Read more about it here.
If you are a WooCommerce user, then you can find plenty of plugins that will help you curb cart abandonment. Using these plugins, you can send automated or customized reminder emails to customers to invite them back to the store and resume purchasing.
This article will list down some of the best cart abandonment plugins you can install on your WooCommerce store.
Best WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Plugins
Here are five plugins to recover the abandoned cart of your WooCommerce store.
1. WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery
WooCommerce Cart Abandonment Recovery by CartFlows is one of the best free WooCommerce plugins for recovering abandoned carts. It captures the email address of customers on the checkout page. It waits for 15 minutes for the checkout before sending follow-up emails to complete the purchase.
You can send an unlimited number of emails using this plugin. By default, there are three types of email templates:
- Notify customers about any purchase issue.
- Assist them in placing the order.
- Lure them back with exclusive discounts.
You can add new or edit the sample templates as you deem right.
- Lets customers pick up from where they left off by sending a unique checkout link. The link will take them to the last session. That is, they do not have to fill details that they already provided the previous time; it will be pre-filled.
- Has sample templates for follow-up emails so that you do not have to create one. You can edit them as much as you want.
- Generates time-limited unique coupon codes to send them via emails.
- Compliant with GDPR by showing a GDPR notice on the checkout page.
- Generates a full report on the cart recovery status.
Besides, you can integrate marketing tools with the plugin.
Retainful is a powerful plugin for abandoned cart recovery and next order coupons in WooCommerce. It captures the email address of customers on the checkout page to send well-timed recovery emails automatically after the cart abandonment. The structure of the email interval is as follow:
- First email after 30 minutes with the recovery link
- Second email: after six hours
- Third email: after 24 hours with an option to include coupon code in the email
- Fourth email: after three days if the cart still remains abandoned
You can set your own schedule to send the emails. It stops sending the emails once the cart is recovered.
Plugin features (abandoned cart recovery):
- Captures the guest carts also.
- Single-click cart recovery.
- Schedules timed emails until the cart is recovered.
- Unlimited recovery email templates and email reminders.
- Recovery emails include the cart summary for customers to review.
- Makes the emails personalized by adding shortcodes for customer’s first and last names.
- Automatically stops sending the emails once the cart is recovered.
- Customize emails using drag and drop visual email editor and add store logo, social icons, etc. You can also create mobile-friendly emails utilizing this feature.
- A detailed report on the cart recovery status.
- Real-time cart status.
- Mailchimp integration.
Retainful has free as well as paid options. The premium plans start at $9/month. With premium, you can avail the following add-ons:
- Exit-Intent Pop-up: Add exit pop-up when customers try to leave the site before the checkout. You can entice them with exclusive offers.
- Add-to-cart Email Collection Popup: Add a pop-up to collect customers’ email addresses before they even add items to the cart.
- Countdown Timer with Automatic Coupon Application: Add a countdown timer for the coupon to create urgency.
- Coupon for Email Collection: Encourage customers to provide their email address to receive coupon codes.
3. Abandoned Cart Lite for WooCommerce
Tyche Softwares’ plugin for abandoned cart (lite) works like any other cart abandonment plugins. It helps you to recover abandoned carts with a single click. You can send automatic and scheduled reminder emails to customers to get them back to the store.
The first email is sent one hour after the cart is abandoned.
- Retrieves abandoned order information, including products.
- Captures email addresses of guest users on the checkout page.
- Track abandoned orders value v/s recovered orders value.
- Create unlimited email templates.
- Add variables like Customer First Name, Customer Last name, Customer full name, Cart Link, and Product Cart Information in the email template.
- Copy HTML from anywhere and create custom email templates using the Rich Text Editor.
- Stops sending reminder emails once the cart is recovered.
4. YITH WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart
The WooCommerce plugin by YITH is yet another stellar plugin that provides a variety of email customizations, such as the content, sender name, customer name, and subject line for recovering the abandoned cart.
- Enable cart recovery for users with particular roles, such as administrator, editor, manager, etc.
- Save guests’ abandoned carts.
- Receive notification if an abandoned cart turns to a purchase.
- Manually change the content and send the emails.
- Add coupons to recovery emails.
- Schedule the sending of reminder emails.
- Compatibility with WPML allows translation of the plugin and lets you send emails in customers’ language.
- Tracks sent recovery emails.
- An extensive report about the recovery status.
The free version has limited features. The premium version has varied pricing:
- Single site for $79.99
- 6 sites for $129.99
- 30 sites for $ 179.99
5. Jilt for WooCommerce
Jilt is a WooCommerce plugin designed for email marketing. One of the features is sending emails for recovering abandoned carts.
- Track the abandoned carts and the recovered carts.
- Capture email addresses early.
- Sends automated and well-timed emails.
- The recovery link in the email recreates the cart just as they left it off.
- Create customized discount coupons for each customer and send them via email.
Jilt’s pricing depends on the number of contacts you have. It is free up to 300 contacts. It offers a 14-day free trial, and after that, the paid plan starts at $29 per month.
Installing one of these plugins will surely help to reduce cart abandonment. All of them are easy to use, and you can set them up in minutes.
Let us know your experience in the comment section. Or if you think there are more awesome plugins out there, feel free to share it with us.